The internet is a fast and efficient way to download, save and share files and documents. Digital files can be shared and accessed from any device that has an internet connection and thus are really convenient when you need to transfer data. Apart from Microsoft Word files, Portable Document Format (PDF) is the most popular file format that is used to store and share documents. Whenever you download some document from the internet using Mozilla Firefox you will have the option of saving the files in PDF format. However, there are times when users find that Mozilla Firefox cannot open PDF files because of a technical error or network issue. If this problem occurs often then you can call the Mozilla Firefox support number and ask for help. You can also go through this blog to find out what you can do to resolve the PDF error and download your files.
Solution to fix Mozilla Firefox cannot open PDF files
The best and fastest way to fix the cannot open .pdfs in Firefox error is to try and reset download actions. You can refer to the step below to reset the download settings and try and open the PDF files:
- Step 1: Open your Mozilla Firefox browser and go to your profile folder.
- Step 2: Click on the menu button and navigate to the “Help” section.
- Step 3: Go to “Troubleshooting Information” and open the info tab.
- Step 4: When the Troubleshooting Information tab opens, look for ‘Apps.’
- Step 5: Under the ‘Application Basics’ section, click on ‘Show Folder.’
- Step 6: You will see a new window where your profile PDF files will open.
- Step 7: Select the menu button and then click the ‘Exit’ option.
- Step 8: Delete the mimetypes.rdf file and then restart your Mozilla Firefox browser.
Once you restart the browser you can download the PDF files once again and then check if you can open them. If you find that the Portable Document Format (PDF) still do not open you can call the Mozilla Firefox helpline number and ask for help. Certified professionals and experienced software technicians are available 24 hours a day to give you advanced solutions so that you can troubleshoot any error related to your Mozilla Firefox browser. You can call the helpline number to get a step-by-step guide for any issue you may encounter while using Firefox.